Round-the-clock safe protection of your livestock from opportunistic predators is critical. Our new generation of SeaGuard has been carefully developed to harmlessly but effectively deter predators from making attacks on fish livestock, while providing a complete suite of performance monitoring and data recording functions, and cetacean friendly features.
The SeaGuard 2-Channel Acoustic Seal Deterrent System is a proven ‘must have’ for fish farms experiencing difficulty with unwanted predators. The SeaGuard does not use sound alone to deter and maintain deterrence of seals and other predators, it uses physiological techniques rather than psychological ‘scaring’. This creates an acoustic barrier or guard around each pen and the site to safely and promptly deter seals.
- Proven 10khz output using Airmar acoustic projectors.
- Cetacean friendly “soft start” feature.
- Simple and reliable system design – two projectors per controller meaning no cables between pens.
- Projector status monitoring including projector detection, short & open circuit.
- Battery status monitoring with high-reliability digital signal processing.
- Onboard data logging & wireless link to barge/shore.
- Custom user software on barge/shore computer with data logging.
- Customisable firing duration and soft start with remote access from Gael Force personnel.
- Space-efficient design for low mechanical & wind loading on pens.
- Optimised projector output and up to 3 times sound energy per site compared to our older six-channel system.
- Barge/shore powered with battery backup - various capacity options with built-in battery protection circuitry.
- IP68 (3m) rated enclosure.
|Input voltage||24Vdc 240Vac required for charging|
|Connections||24Vdc power input 2x SeaGuard projector outputs SeaGuard COMMS output|
|Average current draw||On Low Power mode: 0.8A (Approx.) When Firing: 2.6A (Approx.)|
|Effective R=range||40 metre radius Full 360 degree guard (omni-directional)|
|Project cable||Polyurethane Jacket|
|Project cable length||Made to measure for specific sites|
|Battery coverage||48 hours Internal PCB battery for datalogging ** Alternative battery packs available|
|Antenna range||15+ km (directional) 150 mbps|
Ease of maintenance
SeaGuard has been designed with simplicity in mind and with an emphasis on reliability. With just two projectors per controller on a pen, this means there are no unnecessary cables running between pens. This reduces the likelihood of damage to cables and provides ease of maintenance, which increases system reliability and livestock protection.
We understand the need to ensure that our acoustic deterrents do not cause unnecessary harm to cetaceans. Therefore, SeaGuard includes a whale and dolphin-friendly ‘soft-start’ function - an extremely beneficial operation that gives mammals the opportunity to evacuate the area prior to the unit ramping up to full power.
Data Logging System
Full data logging and remote system controllable parameters come as standard with SeaGuard. With dedicated software, you can audit the full history as well as receive alerts of any malfunctions or reduced performance. Each SeaGuard can be serviced with ease by dialling in, reducing service time and costs.