Our 2022 model of SeaQurePen 500 is tougher, stronger and even more SeaQure than before. It's a pen system born out of a truly collaborative approach with our customers. During our research and development, we considered multiple locations and farming conditions to guide us in producing a fully integrated system for high-energy sites.
What we have delivered is an evolutionary, tough pen system taken from our clear understanding of those customer challenges, in-depth research and development techniques, and a high level of in-house knowledge. SeaQurePen reduces pen furniture and related maintenance and increases reliability which will lower farming costs.
SeaQurePen 500 is designed and manufactured to NS9415 standards and we are robust in our approach to quality assurance, with a focus on ensuring quality in incoming materials and a stringent programme of testing butt fusion welds through our SeaQureWeld process.
- All PE base units with resilience against impact, flexibility in big waves, and a very long lifespan due to no corrosion.
- Saddle welded stops are tightly secured as close to the brackets as possible, all around the pen, to prevent movement of the base units on the 500mm floatation rings.
- Moulded anti-torsion features in base unit socket and bottom of one-piece moulded stanchion, creating no rotation.
- Welded thrust rings allow horizontal rotation without migration meaning no pins in the handrail.
- I Beam style gusset on the rear of the stanchion socket offers a far superior holding power compared to other pens on the market with flat shaped gussets.
- Recessed, integration connection points for moorings/sinker tubes with independent mooring bases as an option.
- Optional colour coded grid plates helps to distinguish between similar net and lift rope waterline connections, especially in poor weather.
- Each mooring bracket has its own connection point for bridle chain, 6 electrofusion stops, offering a much stronger mooring connection point.
- Increased diameter and size of cow horns on the stanchions.
- Our latest and improved deck design includes the ability to create optional access hatches and a frame reinforcement solution has also been designed to improve winch stability on the pen’s deck under the heaviest of loads.
- Gunnebo galvanised chain is used inside the 90mm retaining pipes for added strength and security in the pen.
Sector Leading Quality Assurance
- Underpinning our quality assurance programme is an ISO 9001:2015 accredited quality management system and a purpose-built QHSE software platform. We have also been recommended for NS9415 certification by the leading Norwegian certification body, Aquastructures.
- Tight Incoming Quality Assurance (IQA) checks are carried out with records retained on all critical components and materials entering the production area to ensure they meet
- SeaQureWeld is our stringent process for assuring the highest standards of quality in the butt fusion welding of HDPE pipe joints during pen assembly.
- Highly specialised weld inspection equipment is used to perform quality tests on every weld bead produced from butt-fused pipe joints.
- The weld inspection equipment allows further in-depth testing and analysis of the external weld bead created during butt fusion and identifies defects at a higher level within the joint with pinpoint precision and accuracy.
|Circumference||120 to 200 metres|
|Floating Pipe||2 x 500mm SDR 17 PE100 / SDR 13.6|
|Handrail||160mm SDR11 PE100|
|Bracket||Compression moulded HDPE|
|Significant Wave Height||Hs 4.0m Vs 1.5m/s (NS9415 Class E for Wave, Current Class D)|
Other Key Points:
- Extremely tough, durable and purpose-built for exposure to high energy environments.
- Heavy-duty and robust against impact, whilst flexible against large waves.
- Low in maintenance, long in life.
- Intelligent and innovative use of space on the pen to address a number of challenges around safety and reduce the risk of pen deformation.
- Bridle mooring point in excess of 20T capacity which was the limit of load testing.
- Exceeds 30T capacity across the flotation ring locations.
- More than 12T capacity on stanchion socket bases.
- Boat tie-up point greater than 10T capacity.