We offer a range of sinker tube options for both 2 and 3 ring pens utilising thick-walled, durable polyethylene pipe with options for either chain or wire cores.
Sinker tubes are a heavy-duty thick-walled butt fused PE weighted ring suspended sub-surface below the base of the main containment net and can be used for a variety of reasons.
- Maximises the main containment net volume in higher current/energy environments which optimises stock holding capacity.
- Enhances the structure and integrity of the net ensuring convenient use of automated net cleaning technology.
- Allows better oxygen flow through nets.
- Can be used with anti-predator netting.
- Allows for use of smaller mesh nets enabling the use of cleaner fish.
- The sinker tube’s internal dead weight is either large diameter wire rope or heavy-duty chain internally linked and weight per metre tailored to meet specific site conditions.
- Equidistant suspension points fitted to the sinker tube include a 3-ton webbing sling choked around the pipe connection to the suspension line with a welded PE stopper either side to hold in position.
- Flexible suspension lines are available in either rope or chain.